United Patients Alliance need YOUR Help:
We are always looking for people who can spare any time at all to help us in our goal of legal access to cannabis therapeutics in the UK.
No matter what you can do, no matter how much time you have, no matter how anonymous you want to be - There is something YOU can do to help:
Sign up to
and join the 37 MPs, 13 Peers, 4 celebrities and 22k supporters that have already done so. Then tell all your friends and family to do the same.
Facebook Posts/Tweets/etc - ALWAYS and Every one!
- Follow us on Twitter: @upallianceuk
- Like us on Facebook
- Like all our FB posts and tweets
- Comment on posts/tweets - this spreads the word (much wider)
- Share posts/Retweet - spreads the word (much much wider)
- Share posts in other groups you think are appropriate
- LIKES – Likes are the throwaway gesture of social media. When you like the Page Update. Facebook assigns very little weight to it in the Newsfeed algorithm.
- COMMENTS – When you comment on a Page Update, Facebook’s Newsfeed gives more weight to comments than likes. 10 TIMES BETTER!
- SHARES – A share is the brass ring on Facebook. This is huge in terms of exposure, word-of-mouth recommendation, and credibility. Facebook assigns the most weight to shares. 100 TIMES BETTER!
Letter/MP Writing <- Click link for detailed help
- Write to your MP
- Highlight your own condition/situation
- Ask for their support
- Highlight recent APPG launch and all its information/initiatives
- Highlight the best Scientific Evidence
- Request support for United Patients Alliance and #EndOurPain
- Ask for Face to Face Meeting
- Patient Stories (Pref Public but can be anonymous)
- Articles (individual or groups?) for publication about the APPG Launch and #EndOurPain
- Be supportive, but can suggest that it does not go far enough for you/your group...because.....(GYO, Extracts, Choice/Range, etc.....)
- "Have your say" sections of newspapers like (Metro, Sun, Mail, Telegraph, etc)
- Published Articles
- Share your comment
- Help organise UPA UK Tour and Grassroots showings (2 separate events...probably?)
- Brighton, London, Bristol, Cardiff, Belfast, Birmingham, Sheffield, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow + any others you would like to suggest
- Ideas for improving event nights
- Finding + booking suitable venues
- Event Admin/Advertising/Leafletting/Posters
- Recruiting in local area
- Hosting event in local area
- Become Regional Admin and recruit local help?
- Meme Making
- Ideas for good memes
- Graphic Design for branded memes
- Video Shorts
- Short video clips (with branding and subtitles) say 30s on why you choose cannabis for your condition - The more the merrier!
- Blogging (Need content for brand new website due for launch soon)
- Writing blogs about almost anything in relation to Cannabis as a Medicine
- Writing opinion pieces about #UPA #EndOurPain, APPG Launch, Mike Barnes' report, UPA Patient Survey
- No opinion will be censored but would strongly prefer "supportive" Eg: Brilliant and a great step forward, thanks, blah BUT: Better if, needs that, should be like this because.....etc....
- Other website content:
- Care Giver/Community Sharing
- Harm Reduction
- Dosage guide
- General consumption advice
- Legal Advice
- Any other ideas
- Research for Soundbites from UK based sources
- Politicians/Celebrities etc
- Search Hansard/TheyWorkForYou
Be a Patient
- We are always looking for patients willing to speak out publicly and be available for media interviews/events
- I hate saying this, but it is just TRUE - The more emotional your story, the better. The more debilitating your illness, the better. Wheelchairs/Walking sticks all welcome! The more eloquent you are the better. The more presentable you are, the better - We put patients forward, it is (ALWAYS) the media who select who they want!
- Particularly looking for:
- Medical Professionals
- Anyone who can demonstrate "live" the "rapid" impacts of cannabis consumption
- Mental Illnesses - Unique Opportunity
- For the very first time thanks in no small way to the support of Norman Lamb MP, we have significant focus on the benefits of cannabis to mental health conditions, especially: PTSD and Anxiety
- We need willing patients with these or related conditions also with broader/other mental health conditions who get benefit from cannabis to step forwards
NOW is the time to make a difference. NOW is the time to be heard. NOW is the time to support Cannabis as a Medicine.
Jon Liebling – Political Director of United Patients Alliance
Join us/Follow Us/Like Us/Help Us.