CBD or cannabidiol has gained immense popularity in recent days because of its beneficial properties. It is available in the form of gummies, oils, capsules, powders, and also pastes. In this article, we will be discussing what CBD paste is, its benefits and how you can use it.
CBD Paste: What Is It?
CBD, like tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), is a cannabinoid and is one of the 540 chemical compounds obtained from the Cannabis sativa plant. It comes in different forms, the most popular form of use being CBD oils. However, CBD pastes have been dominating the market these days. CBD paste is a viscous liquid that is usually composed of high concentrations of cannabidiol blended with oils, waxes, and butter.
What Benefits Can You Expect From CBD Paste?
1. CBD pastes are known for their versatile formulation. Usually, it is manufactured using natural oils such as coconut oil or hemp oil and other edible ingredients, such as butter. Its formulation allows you to take the product orally and even sublingually, that is, by placing it under the tongue.
2. Some people also prefer to mix CBD paste with their food and drinks and consume it. Topical application of the CBD paste is also practiced by a few people. Here are the benefits of using CBD pastes:
3. CBD pastes generally have a higher concentration of cannabidiol than other forms of CBD products like oils and powders. Thus, pastes can be more effective. You would not have to consume several gummies or capsules and just the right amount of CBD will do the trick.
4. Because of high concentrations of CBD in the paste, intake of a smaller amount will give you a higher dosage. This helps in avoiding addiction.
5. CBD pastes are usually less expensive. Also, a pack of CBD paste will last longer as you will only use small amounts of it at a time.
6. CBD pastes are combined with edible oils and butter. You can mix the paste with anything you like and make your own CBD products or edibles.
7. CBD pastes, being manufactured with versatile formulations, have become an important topic in the field of cannabis research. CBD, unlike THC, does not have any psychoactive component in it. This makes CBD products safer to be used on animals as well as humans for research purposes.
What Are The Uses Of CBD Paste?
CBD is known for its multiple beneficial effects. It has been proven to be helpful in treating several illnesses. It can be helpful in cases of:
- Chronic pain
- Arthritis/pain in the joint
- Depression, anxiety, and other psychotic disorders
- Sleep disorders like insomnia
- Headache related to stress and tension
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- And even, Cancer
What Does Research Have To Say About It?
Though there have not been many studies done on CBD pastes, scientists from all over the world have been actively researching it to find out more. Current research has shown that CBD can have a wide range of therapeutic benefits. It has been found that CBD can be of great clinical importance in the treatment of epileptic seizures.
According to a 2018 Review Article, four clinical trials were performed on patients with uncontrolled epilepsy. The trial showed that administration of daily doses of 10 and 20 mg of CBD per kilogram of body weight resulted in about a 50% reduction in seizure frequency.
In another 2018 study, 2409 people were surveyed based on CBD usage. It was found that more than 60% of the subjects were using CBD products for one or more medical conditions.
A survey was done in 2020 and responses were recorded from 340 participants. According to the study, most of the participants reported using CBS products for stress relief, relaxation, and sleep. However, it was found that about 50% of respondents were consuming uncontrolled doses and we’re experiencing at least one side effect.
Some cases have also been reported where evidence showed that chronic and acute administration of CBD can help in relieving psychotic symptoms in schizophrenic patients. Other large-scale Randomized Control Trials also demonstrated that CBD has therapeutic effects on Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, and Dyslipidemia.
However, the research and studies done on CBD are not adequate. More systematic and large-scale trials are required to explore the beneficial and therapeutic effects as well as the drawbacks of CBD. Further studies will also help the population to know about safe CBD usage and proper dose recommendations for therapeutic purposes.
Are There Any Potential Risks and Side Effects Of CBD Paste?
The risks and side effects of CBD have not yet been fully explored. However, according to facts published by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), oral consumption of CBD products may lead to the following adverse reactions:
- Loss or increase in appetite
- Weight gain or Weight loss
- Liver Damage
- Fertility problems in males
A study suggested that intake of CBD products alongside high-fat meals or food might increase the risk and side effects.
If you are already under medication for any condition, CBD might interact with the other drugs and result in adverse reactions. Thus, it is recommended to consult with your healthcare provider before taking any CBD product.
Though CBS has vast beneficial properties, it is safe to stay away from non-prescription CBD products. They are not FDA approved and might lead to dangerous adverse reactions.
The Bottom Line
Hemp-derived CBD products are legal under Federal laws but some states do not allow their consumption. Whereas, CBD obtained from marijuana is illegal under Federal laws but legal in some states. Thus, it is important to check your State’s laws and the composition of the product you are buying before consumption.
We hope this article will help you to get a brief idea about CBD pastes and their uses. It can be highly beneficial for people suffering from chronic pain or undergoing vigorous chemotherapy sessions for cancer treatment. However, you must buy CBD products from reputable and trustworthy brands to avoid dangerous consequences.